The history of railways in Silesia back to Warsaw-Vienna Railway, formerly known as the Iron Way Warsaw-Vienna. It was the first railway built at the initiative of the Poles in the Polish Kingdom. It was to assist in the development of coal mines, steel mills to improve the condition of zinc and iron, and reduce transportation costs. In the mid-nineteenth century. Distance 16 km been able to ride in an hour and five minutes - it was the then-revolutionary drive a locomotive with a full load. The success of this course has contributed to the rapid development of the railways. Czestochowa first train arrived 164 years ago from Warsaw. It was a special price for dignitaries. In the same year, traffic on the stretch to Czestochowa made available to the public.
Railway traditions of Czestochowa shows running in 2001. museum. Among the exhibits can be found .: equipment and fittings rail track construction equipment, lamps, uniforms and equipment of workers, signs of locomotives and wagons, documents, plans, decorations and old photographs. Under the supervision of the museum there are two engines - monuments.

Opening hours:
The museum is open Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays from 10:00 - 13:00
Registered office: Czestochowa , Street Pulaski 100/120 (station building Czestochowa Stradom)

Shortly after the Polish Krolewstwie built the first railway line - Way of the Iron the Warsaw - Vienna, the then traders turned their attention to the possibility of optimizing the transport of goods to Prussia.
Due to the resilient action of the Prussian Railway Right Bank of the Oder, building the bus, railroad connecting Wroclaw and Katowice, along with numerous branches, there was considerable scope to reduce expensive goods exported to Prussia.
In 1854 Tsar Nicholas I proposed to build connections with the railways Prussian DŻWW. The combination was to begin in Czestochowa, would then almost in a straight line run to coat. In this way, the road freight and passenger transport to and from Prussia, would have been reduced by about 80 km.
Plans to build the line unleashed a heated debate on the subject. The protests were inspired mainly by shareholders DŻWW, claiming that the construction of the new railway will damage them and, indirectly, the state, guaranteeing the payment of dividends on shares of "Vienna line."
Arguments against the construction have to be effective, since the idea of a turn Czestochowa - Herby is abandoned. In return, in 1857 started construction of the Zabkowic of Katowice, the line "Vienna line."

The idea of combining Czestochowa with Herbami back in 1867, when raising it DZWW German shareholders (who are also co-owners of Railway Right Bank of the Oder). The initiative is again blocked by Polish shareholders.
The argument is the same as before - a reduction in operating profits DZWW. It does not take into account that the shorter (and therefore cheaper) route carriage of passengers and goods would increase trade in goods and passenger, which aid to offset a decline in profits from the "Vienna line."
The idea once again went so odstawkę. Moreover, in 1869 the general meeting of shareholders DŻWW voted to postpone plans to build this line indefinitely.

Meanwhile, the Railways Right Bank of the Oder systematically thicken your lines, taking into account imposed by the Prussian Ministry of War requirements of the construction of the latitudinal (of course east - west).
Such a line is put into operation January 1, 1892 the line joining Lubliniec (Lublinietz) of Herbami Prussian (Preussisch Herby). Until October 1894, it was extended to Fosowskich, which gave a direct connection with Opole and Wroclaw.
In this situation, once again returns the idea to build liaisons "Vienna line" with Herbami.

Association of Iron Road Warsaw - Vienna was guaranteed priority in the implementation of any of the railway line coming out of any of the "Vienna line", however, was not interested in building this line.
In this situation, the Society of St. Petersburg Iron Road Emblems - Czestochowa (based mainly on the German capital) which began efforts for a license to build the line.
On May 9, 1900, Tsar approved the "Law Society Iron Road Emblems - Czestochowa organized in order to build and use and operation of electric narrow-gauge iron road from the city general use badges to Czestochowa province Piotrowska, with branches to mine iron m. Łojki, the smelter Blachownia and the plants' Society of Mechanical Works Hantke, "and sales of electricity."
Association of Iron Road Emblems - Czestochowa (DZHCz) was required to develop within nine months of plans line, then when accepted by the Ministry of Communications within two years the line was to be built and transferred for use.
Society did not use the warranties, guarantees or facilitation (eg. At acquiring land) government.
The license was to be valid for 40 years, but after 20 years, the state had the right to proceed with the redemption of the line.
Money to build the line were to be collected through the issuance of shares of the Company.
The work was carried out smoothly. For the implementation of the project started in 1901. Construction was completed in early 1903, but until the mid-May 1903, the process of przewlaszczania land on which was built the line.

Built single-track line, gauge 1067 mm (one thousandth of a mile off). Electrification included only land owned by the Society for Mechanical Plant Hantke (where used several electric lokomotywek German production). The remaining part of the route was operated steam traction.
DŻHCz possessed in the initial period of five locomotives, 12 passenger carriages, freight wagons 120.
On the line formed following stations and stops:

On the main line

     I Czestochowa

At the station Stradom starting to branch to Plant Hantke, which was located two stations

     Czestochowa II

Stations were constructed at the ends of the branches, namely:

     Lodz city   ( Łodz )


The total length of all lines DZHCz was 27 versts (28.8 km).
On August 11, 1903 were completed and the main line of Czestochowa - Crests, and a branch Ostrowy - Blachownia.
Branches Stradom - Hantke and Gnaszyn - Łojki was opened November 11, 1903 year.
Mileage line different from the current.
To describe the course we will use the modern names of streets and places characteristic.
The line started at the station Czestochowa I (Street  Boya - Zelenskiego at the rink the city, now the administrative building PKP), then ran straight through today's Three Bards district, area ogórdków allotment Street. St.. Andrew, crossed the street Loreto and continue covering with today's course line 61 to coat.
Branch to plants Hantke began at the station Stradom (he was placed in the vicinity of Loreto street), then arc along the street Pulaski, the cottage lineman (currently point repair tires) and further up the street Bor where the station was located Czestochowa II. Next arc provided for street and area A parallel "domesticated", between the streets and coniferous Empty viaduct over the railway "Vienna line" and al. Polish Army. The viaduct line curved toward Betting Hantke, where the bus was located Hantke (now Street. Gilow 4).
The station in Gnaszynie was located at the height of the exit to the siding "Wigolenu", the current control room 1.
In Łojkach station placed near the iron mine "George". To this day, preserved only in the trench once placed stop, point, an inn and residential buildings for the service.
Branch to Łojek opened November 11 1903 revolutionary period in 1905 resulted in a strike at the mine "George" which lasted until 1907. Mine owner gave up her operation and flooded the windows, while DZHCZ undressed branch.
Railway station in Ostrowach (now Blachownia) was in the same place as now.
The train ran Ostrowy branch Huta Blachownia. At the end of the branch station was built, which still preserved as Office. Basically, its appearance has not changed. The line was dismantled in the centenary of its founding (in 2003, after the winding-up of EMA Blachownia).
For Ostrowami line ran to the station in Herby. Bus built on the Polish side was called Herbami Russians, unlike the German Prussian coat.
The station buildings survived Herby Russians to this day. Are located approximately 1 km provided for the current station, the road number 46 (Czestochowa - Opole), near the exit towards Weglowice and Wręczycy. Currently, perform the functions of residential buildings.
Current station in Herby Old is built in 1892 Preussische station Herby (Herby Prussia).

For 1905, the line DZHCz ended in Herby Polish. The distance between the Russians and the Prussian Herbami passengers (and goods) had to travel in a different way.
July 2, 1905 was launched chamber customs stations in Herby Herby Prussian and Russians, while opening a narrow path to the crest of the Prussian and normal track width to coat the Russians. From that moment the two trains reached the border stations, where travelers followed transfer into and handling of goods.
In 1909, the timetables included a call to Opole, Wroclaw, Poznan, Berlin.
Service locomotives DŻHCz provide roundhouse and workshops located in Herby. Roundhouse was demolished in 1927, and the water tower has been preserved to this day.

Already during the construction of the Czestochowa - Crests, considered the merits of its connections with large gauge lines of the Russian Empire.
July 17, 1908, the concessions received Herbsko Railway Society - Kielce (created by Czestochowa and Kielce entrepreneurs)
The new line, opened February 26, 1911, he had a total of 122 versts in length track width 1524 mm. During the work, the section Czestochowa - Crests forged a new track. In the same Czestochowa I lifted stations, Stradom and Czestochowa II. In their place was established station personality - Commodity Czestochowa Stradom (the current site).
The line also disappeared in Gnaszynie stop.
Tabor DŻHK accounted for 22 broad gauge locomotives, about 60 carriages and 600 wagons.

Railway Czestochowa - Herby, or later Kielce - Crests proved to be a profitable business. Despite the need for double handling of cargo (in Czestochowa and Herby) profits were so high that after its construction efforts to purchase the line started DŻWW Society.

1 August 1914 Prussia declared war on Russia. August 3 attack began Prussian troops. Russians unprepared for war began retreat. Retreating behind army destroyed bridges and damaged the railroad tracks. In Czestochowa Russians blew up the viaduct over the railway "Vienna line" blocking rail traffic across the node Czestochowa.
During World War I Germany rebuilt the whole knot of Czestochowa on track gauge of 1435 mm. Due to the uniform clearance, it has become possible to create a 4 directional node. Because it was not necessary to rebuild the viaduct over "Vienna line," so the object disappeared from our landscape.
Traffic on the road crests - Czestochowa restored 12th January 1915 years.
After the end of World War I, line Czestochowa - Crests came under the management of the Directorate of the Warsaw Railway Station.
In 1919 and 1920 years were two Silesian Uprisings. As a result, in 1921 in Upper Silesia plebiscite was conducted of the population. In connection with the fraud during his lifetime comes to a third uprising. At the end of September 20, 1921 Conference of Ambassadors granted Poland a few areas of the Upper Silesian districts, including the area extending for Lubliniec.
To turn herbskiej is an extension of it until the new border station in Lubliniec. Somehow "accidentally" existing Herby Herby renamed the Prussian border, then Herby Silesia, while existing Herby Herby Russians renamed Polish and later Herby old.

In 1933, the Polish railway map appears built by the Franco - Polish Association of Railway main line linking the GOP to ports on the Baltic Sea.
For Herb this means new station Herby new, and the construction of ramps to allow exit trains from the PCF (Franco - Polish Railways) on the line herbska and vice versa.

After the occupation of Polish territory by the Germans, the line Kielce - Crests and continue to Opole and Wroclaw takes enormous strategic importance (especially in view of the further expansion of Germany to the east).
In 1940, Germany turned off the use and operation of the station Emblems old (old Herby Ruskie) by moving its name to limit Herby (Herby former Prussian). From that moment Herby Herby have two stations on the line latitudinal old Herby - Kielce, and Herby New bus GOP - Ports. Such a situation exists today.
Due to the increasing carriage latitudinal lines, Germans start laying a second track on the line Emblems - Kielce.
Throughout the war, up to the January 1945 line was used primarily to transport supplies and troops to the east. In the opposite direction were taken groceries from Polish territories, Ukraine, Upper Silesian industrial creations. The line also served as a convenient escape route of German troops.

After the occupation of territories of Czestochowa by the Red Army for some time considered reforge both or one of the tracks again, a wide spacing to allow for faster transport troops and supplies to the east.

In the postwar years the line has not lost its importance. Allowing you to connect Wroclaw and Opole with Kielce, Krakow (by Szczakowa), Rzeszow - without having to pass through the overloaded nodes in the postwar years Gliwice and Katowice, provide a convenient connection between the east and west of the country.
November 28, 1965 marked the end of the electrification section Emblems - Czestochowa .
In the years 1971 to 1972 last service on the line Czestochowa - Crests take Czestochowa "kopciuchy" Ok22 and OKl27.

Currently line Czestochowa - Crests, part of line 61 Kielce - Fosowskie waiting for a major overhaul. Many years of neglect repairs, while intensive use and operation of passenger and freight traffic caused the speed trails on the line defined by the instruction D29 as main, places reaches 20 km / h.
So drastic reduction in line speed causes the line fast trains are withdrawn, the only remaining local traffic and freight.
Without repair for several years, this line, with a rich past and existing prospects of its development can unfortunately disappear.